Liege Waffle Ice Cream
Serving Size: 9 Liege Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
Persian Ice Cream
- 1.5 qrt Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup Pistachios
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
- 1 tbsp Hot Water
Liege Waffle Dough
- 3 1/2 cups Waffle Pantry Liege Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cup Waffle Pantry Belgian Pearl Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp Lesaffre SAF-Instant Yeast
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 stick butter
- 1 large egg
Get your taste buds ready for what may be the most flavorsome Liège waffle ice cream experience ever – Belgian Liège waffles with pistachio, rose water, and saffron infused vanilla ice cream! We’ve adapted and fused a recipe from a centuries-old Persian ice cream creation, bastani sonnati, to include Liège waffles. This ice cream sandwich can be enjoyed between a sliced waffle or open-faced and we promise it’ll knock all who taste it off their feet.
Making Persian Ice Cream
- Allow 30 minutes for vanilla ice cream to become soft and creamy.
- Crush saffron and add into small cup. Add hot water and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Chop pistachios coarsely.
- Add vanilla ice cream to a big bowl and mix in saffron mixture. Add chopped pistachios and rose water and mix well.
- Add ice cream mixture into original container and freeze for 3 hours.
Baking Belgian Liege Waffles
- Combine softened butter and hot water in mixer. Add waffle mix, egg and yeast. Stir well. Knead to form sticky dough.
- Cover dough and let rest for 2 to 3 hours.
- Gently fold Belgian pearl sugar into dough. Divide dough into 9 portions. Cover and allow dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat Liege waffle iron (360°F or 182°C). Flatt dough balls slightly and place on the iron. Bake for 2 to 4 minutes until golden.
Serving Liege Waffle Ice Cream
- Add two scoops of ice cream to your Liège and garnish with chopped pistachios. For an ice cream sandwich, cut Liège waffle in half (using a bread knife) add 2-3 scoops of ice cream. Enjoy!