Gingerbread Liege Waffle Recipe
Serving Size: 12 Gingerbread Liège Waffles
- 1 cup (20 cl of milk or 200g)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Lesaffre instant dry yeast (7g)
- 2 cups French T55 pastry flour (250g)
- 2 cups French T45 pastry flour (250g)
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 generous pinch of salt
- 10 ounces butter (300g)
- 1 cup Waffle Pantry Belgian pearl sugar (225g)
For a perfect creation for the Fall season, we have spiced up our traditional Liège Waffle recipe to create Gingerbread Liege waffles. If you like to make things easier, feel free to use our Liege waffle mix and just add the above mentioned amounts of ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground allspice to it.
- Gently heat milk to lukewarm temperature. Pour milk into a bowl and add yeast. Allow several minutes for the yeast to dissolve.
- Combine the flour, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground allspice and salt in bowl.
- Using your mixer's dough hook, mix all the previous ingredients to form a dough.
- Add room temperature butter to dough. The dough should now have a sticky texture.
- Cover the dough in a bowl and let it rest for at least 2 to 3 hours. This will allow the dough's volume to double.
- Once risen, gently mix to allow the air to be released from within the dough. Add Waffle Pantry Belgian pearl sugar to the dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 roughly palm-sized balls and allow them to rest for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat waffle iron and add each individual dough ball to the machine once it has reached cooking temperature. Monitor for doneness and preferred golden color.