Hot off the Waffle Pantry presses! We shot a Liege waffle baking video to show you how to bake mouthwatering Liege waffles from scratch in just a few simple steps. Enjoy and don’t forget to subscribe for more delicious videos on YouTube.
Liege Waffle Baking Video
Get Waffle Pantry’s set of Liege waffle essentials and start baking your favorite Belgian waffles at the comfort of your home!
Serving Size: 10 Liege Waffles
1 cup milk (20 cl of milk or 200g)
2 1/2 teaspoons Lesaffre instant dry yeast (7g)
2 cups French T55 flour (250g)
2 cups French T45 flour (250g)
2 eggs 6 tbsp. brown sugar (75g)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 generous pinch of salt
10 ounces butter (300g)
1 cup Waffle Pantry Belgian pearl sugar (225g)
1. Gently heat milk to lukewarm temperature. Pour milk into a bowl and add yeast. Allow several minutes for the yeast to dissolve.
2. Combine the flour, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt in bowl.
3. Using your mixer’s dough hook, mix all the previous ingredients to form a dough.
4. Add room temperature butter to dough. The dough should now have a sticky texture.
5. Cover the dough in a bowl and let it rest for at least 2 to 3 hours. This will allow the dough’s volume to double.
6. Once risen, gently mix to allow the air to be released from within the dough. Add Waffle Pantry Belgian pearl sugar to the dough.
7. Divide the dough into 10 roughly palm-sized balls and allow them to rest for 15 minutes.
8. Pre-heat waffle iron and add each individual dough ball to the machine once it has reached cooking temperature. Monitor for doneness and preferred golden color. Voila, your waffles are ready!
The optimal time to serve your waffles is straight from the waffle iron. Enjoy!
What do you think of our recipe? How do you make it your own? We’d love to hear from you.