During development, we made it our priority to use high quality ingredients. Great taste starts with superb ingredients and we knew this was the singular way to the most authentic tasting Liege waffles. For those who have baked Liege waffles, the complex nature and labor-intense preparation requirements also make for a good recipe. With the original Waffle Pantry Liege waffle recipe as our base, we rigorously followed our ingredients list and preparation requirements. Here is what we came up with:
- Waffle Pantry Liege Waffle Mix: 1 lb (454g)
- Waffle Pantry Belgian Pearl Sugar: 5 oz (142g)
- Lesaffre SAF-Instant Yeast (Gold): 0.25 oz (7g)
- Hot Water: ¾ cup (177ml or 6 fl oz)
- Butter: 1 stick (113g or 4oz)
- Egg: 1 large egg
- Combine softened butter and hot water in mixer. Add waffle mix, egg and yeast. Stir well. Knead to form sticky dough.
- Cover dough and let rest for 2 to 3 hours.
- Gently fold Belgian pearl sugar into dough. Divide dough into 12 portions. Cover and allow dough to rest for 15 minutes. Preheat Liege waffle iron (360°F or 182°C). Flatt dough balls slightly and place on the iron. Bake for 2 to 4 minutes until golden. Enjoy!
From Our Pantry to Yours!