HVD Waffle Maker Models and Specifications
All HVD waffle makers are NSF certified and approved for the use in commercial kitchens across Northern America. The HVD A57 makes 4 Liege waffles at a time and is available in 110 Volts and 220 Volts. The smaller HVD L26 makes 2 Liege waffles at a time and is also available in 110 Volts and 220 Volts. The irons can be purchased with a wide variety type of plates including, Liege waffles, Brussels waffles, and custom made ones.
Here is how to season your HVD cast iron waffle maker in 5 easy steps:
- After cleaning your plates, heat up your HVD waffle machine to 250°C.
- Using a brush, apply canola oil on only the flat side (parallel to the countertop) of the the cast iron. Do not apply any oil yet to the plate standing up vertically. Repeat this process every 5 minutes for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, close the waffle iron and swivel to plates to the other side. Wait for 3 minutes for the oil to change sides.
- Repeat step two for the second side of the cast iron plate for 20 minutes.
- Put absorbing paper kitchen towel on the plates (a little bigger as the size of the plates). Close the machine, turn off the machine and flip it over. Wait 5 minute for the towel to absorb the oil and remove it.
The process of seasoning your cast iron plates needs to be periodically repeated, especially after cleaning your plates. Depending on the wear and tear, you will likely need to season your iron once a week.
If you are in the market and looking to purchase a durable commercial grade waffle iron, make sure to check out our full selection of imported high quality cast iron waffle makers.
Make sure to contact us or leave a comment below if you have any further questions or would like to discuss our waffle irons in more detail.