Savor summer with a refreshing glass of classic all-American sweet tea. Simple to make and delicious to drink, it’s the perfect companion to brunch or a picnic. So round up your favorite tea bags, a handful of our Belgian sugar pearls and get brewing!
- 7 black tea bags
- 8 cups of filtered water
- 1 cup Belgian Pearl Sugar
- plenty of ice
- 1 lemon (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot and stir in sugar pearls. Turn down the heat to gently melt the sugar.
- Once sugar has melted, turn off heat and place tea bags in the pot. Allow tea bags to steep for 15 – 20 minutes (less time if you prefer a lighter tea, longer if you prefer a deeper brewed flavor). Remove the tea bags and allow the sweet tea to cool down.
- After the sweet tea has cooled to a manageable temperature, pour into a large pitcher and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Pour over a tall glass of ice. Squeeze lemon juice into your glass, stir and add a slice of lemon for garnish. Cheers!
Serving ideas: For a fruity twist, add a dash of cherry syrup or a handful of sweet berries. Pour in a little lemonade to create your very own Arnold Palmer. Muddle some mint or basil for a delicious and subtle herb flavor. Give it a splash of your favorite tipple for an extra kick. Bottoms up!