The holidays are here and your loved ones are ready for the feast of the year—Thanksgiving dinner! Reward them with the amazing flavor of a fresh and homemade cranberry sauce. We have a quick recipe to elevate your perfectly roasted turkey to new heights. The sweet and tangy flavor of the cranberries, packed with vitamins C, E and K, will have everyone at your table asking for more.
Best of all, the ingredients are easy to find this time of year and you can make this well ahead of Thanksgiving for convenience.
- 1 cup Waffle Pantry Belgian pearl sugar
- 1 cup filtered water
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- pinch of freshly grated fruit zest or cinnamon (optional)
1. Wash cranberries thoroughly. Remove any debris or bruised fruits.
2. Add sugar pearls and water to a saucepan and turn heat to medium. Stir periodically and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
3. Once sugar has dissolved completely, add the cranberries to the mixture. Monitor the heat and allow the cranberries, sugar and water to come to a gentle boil.
4. Once the cranberries have split open and softened into a preserves-like consistency, turn off heat and remove pan from burner. If desired, add zest or cinnamon into the sauce. Allow the cranberry sauce to come to room temperature and thicken. Transfer cranberry sauce to an airtight container and place in the fridge. Once chilled, the sauce is ready for serving.
The cranberry sauce is a Thanksgiving dinner classic but it also makes for a wonderful spread on biscuits or mix-in for your morning oatmeal. Enjoy and happy Thanksgiving!