Savory Cheddar Chive Waffles
Waffles are traditionally sweet but this savory Cheddar waffle will delight your taste buds. These waffles are perfect as a stand alone snack or served with a hearty soup.
Servings: 16 waffles
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour unbleached
- 3 tbsp yellow cornmeal
- 2 tbsp Waffle Pantry Belgian pearl sugar powder crushed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chives chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar shredded extra sharp
Combine flour, cornmeal, Belgian pearl sugar, baking soda, salt, mustard powder and pepper in a large bowl; whisk to combine.
Add buttermilk, eggs, and oil; whisk to combine. Stir in chives and cheddar. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes. Be sure to spread the chives and cheddar evenly throughout the batter. Your taste buds will thank you later.
Pre-heat Belgian waffle maker. Once heated, pour heaping spoonful of batter onto the center of each corner of the waffle maker. Close the cover and allow to cook. Monitor for doneness and preferred toastiness.