Sometimes, you need waffles and you need them fast! Try this simple, yeast-less recipe for delicious homemade waffles in a jiffy.
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups whole milk
2/3 cup cooking oil
2 large eggs
3 heaping tablespoons Belgian pearl sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Recipe yields 10 servings.
1. Combine flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder, Belgian pearl sugar & salt in a bowl and mix. Next, mix in milk, oil, egg & vanilla.
2. Allow batter to rest for 30 minutes. (This resting period is super important so be sure to allow the full half hour to allow the batter to do its thing.)
3. Add batter to a preheated waffle iron and bake until you reach the desired color and crispness. Remove from waffle maker and devour!
- If you’re working with the Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker, set the dial to 4.5 for perfect results.
- The batter will puff up so be careful not to overfill your waffle iron.
- Recommended: Add a generous drizzle of syrup or for a taste of summer, a dollop of our addictive strawberry concoction! These waffles also make great sandwiches! Try a crispy chicken tender drizzled with maple syrup between two waffles and you’ll be clamoring for more!